Editorial Guidelines: Drug Discovery & Development – www.dddmag.com
Drug Discovery & Development is an exclusively digital brand. All submissions are for online-only publication. All questions, comments and submissions should be sent to Stephanie Guzowski, Editor, at Stephanie.Guzowski@advantagemedia.com.
Contributed Content Guidelines
The editors invite contributions from researchers and scientists in pharma, biotech and academic settings. Contributions from technical specialists in vendor communities are welcome, but must adhere to editorial guidelines for objective, noncommercial writing.
- Abstract: Submit a brief abstract and a list of proposed illustrations and graphics. After review, the editors will specify a word count and submission deadline, if interested. Include author name, title, and affiliation.
- Word Count: Contributed content should aim for 500 to 1,000 words. For information on longer, more in-depth articles or article series, please contact the editor.
- Objectivity: Content cannot explicitly promote any company or its products/services. All statements about performance or claims must be supported by references to published literature.
- Exclusivity: Manuscripts or abstracts should not have been published previously and should be submitted to Drug Discovery & Development on an exclusive basis. All manuscripts are subject to review and editing. The editorial staff makes all decisions regarding publication of articles.
- Images: All content should be accompanied by images. One to two files, JPEG or PNG format, are preferred for online use. One-sentence image captions (with credit) should be included in the submission email or within the body of the article.
- Videos: The editors will review submitted videos to augment by-lined articles.
- References: References are discouraged. If the information is important enough to be cited, please do so within the text of the article.
- Topics: For a sample of some of the topics we cover, please see our 2014 and 2015 Content Calendars. If you would like to explore a topic not listed on the Content Calendar, please reach out to the editor.
Some tips and style suggestions for successfully submitting content to Drug Discovery & Development:
- Use “said” not “says” when quoting someone.
- Do not use “I,” “you,” or “we” in the text.
- Spell out numbers one through nine.
- Use “%” not “percent.”
- No double space before a sentence.
- Use last name only and leave off titles (Dr., Professor, etc.) on second reference of a person.
- Don’t use footnotes or references. Important information should be incorporated into the article.
- Submit a short, captivating headline to engage readers.
Press releases, general inquiries:
Editor, Drug Discovery & Development