ImmuPharma plc, the specialist discovery and development pharmaceutical company has announce an analyst briefing with Dr. Robert Zimmer, Chief Scientific Officer, will give the following update on ImmuPharma’s cancer program IPP-204106, the summary of which is detailed below:
• Dose escalating open label study commenced in patients with at least one treatment failure according to standard regulatory guidelines;
• The study was designed to show safety and tolerability and assess the maximum tolerated dose;
• Patients are dosed with an initial dose of 40 mg/sq.m. or 1 mg/kg and if stabilisation or improvement occurs, then patients continue treatment for an additional 4 sessions;
• 6 patients have been dosed so far, suffering from either breast cancer, lung cancer and bladder cancer and all with metastasis;
• No serious drug-related adverse events have so far been reported; and
• 2 patients have already been rated as having stabilised disease.
ImmuPharma plans to file a US IND in the next few months and to commence a Phase IIb programme the first half of 2011 in patients with metastatic melanoma, glioblastoma, hormone-resistant prostate cancer and pancreatic cancer, which will be confirmed by additional preclinical data.
Date: October 19, 2010
Source: ImmuPharma plc